Medical dope smoker booted from church

What's going on in the world today?

Moderators: Loki, exposno1, Parrot, Quasigriz, NickDupree, nmoore63, robroydude, Spinny Spamkiller

Medical dope smoker booted from church

Postby Harry K » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:59 am

Yup Texas....

http://www.12newsnow.com/story/26836376 ... hpt=us_bn8

BEAUMONT - A Beaumont woman claims she has been cast out of her church for her use of medicinal marijuana.

Faith Bodle said she uses cannabis extract, an oil derived from marijuana, to treat illnesses like degenerative spine disease, congestive heart failure and arthritis.

Bodle said fellow church members at Beaumont Seventh Day Adventist Church grew concerned after seeing her support the use of marijuana on a report on 12News.

12News first spoke to Bodle at the arraignment of Jeremy Bourque who is facing trial on marijuana charges. Bodle was there showing her support for the legalization and medicinal use of cannabis.

She said her pastor sent a letter calling on her to stop using and promoting marijuana and six weeks later the congregation decided to revoke her membership.

Bodle's son, Jason Falconbridge, said he's disappointed in their decision since cannabis is the only pain relief his mom can find.

“She's got a beautiful heart and to see her ostracized makes me angry,” Falconbridge said.

Falconbridge read a letter written from his mother's doctor and pointed out that he mentioned, “she takes the extract for medicinal and not recreational purposes,” and that the doctor believes, “she has benefited from taking this supplement and it has improved her quality of life.”

Bodle said for her it's not about anger.

"It's about bringing relief from pain and suffering and that's what's Jesus wants he doesn't want to see his children suffer and that's why he created this awesome plant," Bodle said.

12News was not able to get in touch with anyone at the church but the letter to Bodle states they do not promote the use of addictive drugs whether they're legal or not.
Merlin: Looking at the cake is like looking at the future, until you've tasted it what do you really know? And then, of course, it's too late.

[Arthur takes a bite]

Merlin: Too late.

"Quiet desperation is the drtech way,
The time is gone, the gun is handed over,
Thought you'd had something more to say."
Harry K
Archon

Re: Medical dope smoker booted from church

Postby DBTrek » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:01 pm

Excuses sound best to the person that's making them up. -Tyrese Gibson
DBTrek
Archon

Postby drtrech » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:09 pm

Oh dear!

A private club has enforced its own membership rules.

Who knows where this will lead?
drtrech
Archon

Postby coyo7e » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:33 pm

Probably to that club getting egg on its face.
"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
-Walt Whitman, "Song of Myself"
coyo7e
Contributing Member

Postby doc_loliday » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:04 pm

She probably ate all the sacrament. Bogart the body of Christ will you? I'd boot her too.
What is wrong with you people? - Dr. Youth
doc_loliday
Hetairoi

Postby coyo7e » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:25 pm

Pass de wafer to da left-hand side
"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
-Walt Whitman, "Song of Myself"
coyo7e
Contributing Member

Postby imperfectionst » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:10 pm

That only leaves 560 other churches in Beaumont for her to go to. Poor thing.
http://www.yellowpages.com/beaumont-tx/ ... of-worship
imperfectionst
Nomarch

Postby Dr. Strangelove » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:54 pm

"It's about bringing relief from pain and suffering and that's what's Jesus wants he doesn't want to see his children suffer and that's why he created this awesome plant," Bodle said.

Then Jesus said to his disciples: If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

God most certainly delivers suffering to our lives for good reason. That's not to say people shouldn't take medication to alleviate suffering, but don't pretend like God doesn't want you to suffer in this life.
“If the human race is to survive, then for all but a very brief period of its history, the word ship will mean space ship.” –Arthur C. Clarke
Dr. Strangelove
Archon

Postby Soapboxer » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:00 pm

And that translates into "pot is sinful" how?
You don't seem to care about the rapist - Dr. Strangelove
Soapboxer
Nomarch

Postby Dr. Strangelove » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:01 pm

Soapboxer wrote:And that translates into "pot is sinful" how?

And I said "pot is sinful" where?
“If the human race is to survive, then for all but a very brief period of its history, the word ship will mean space ship.” –Arthur C. Clarke
Dr. Strangelove
Archon

Postby Soapboxer » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:03 pm

And I said you did where?
You don't seem to care about the rapist - Dr. Strangelove
Soapboxer
Nomarch

Postby drtrech » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:31 pm

Dr. Strangelove wrote:

Then Jesus said to his disciples: If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

God most certainly delivers suffering to our lives for good reason. That's not to say people shouldn't take medication to alleviate suffering, but don't pretend like God doesn't want you to suffer in this life.

Ok. So God wants you to suffer, but you should go ahead and take pain relievers.

:lol:

Makes about as much sense as anything else in religion.

One thing though. Seventh day Adventists don't buy into the "redemptive suffering" bullshit. They don't think her suffering is for her own good, nor do they condemn her for attempting to relieve her suffering. And they certainly don't engage in the logically inconsistent "God wants you to suffer, but take pain meds anyway."

They just think smoking and taking drugs is sinful.
drtrech
Archon

Postby Dr. Strangelove » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:38 pm

Soapboxer wrote:And I said you did where?

Dr. Strangelove wrote:

Soapboxer wrote:And that translates into "pot is sinful" how?

:empty:
Dr. Strangelove
Archon

Return to Current Events