Donations

Please feel free to ask your questions here.

Moderators: Loki, exposno1, Parrot, Quasigriz, NickDupree, nmoore63, robroydude, Rooster-SPQR, Spinny Spamkiller

Re: Donations

Postby Harry K » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:21 pm

DBTrek wrote:
So if I can talk Harry K in to giving you herpes for free . . . you'll take it?

I think the real question is why are you only willing to help Dan *IF* he does the BitCoin thing? That alone sounds suspect. What's the problem with the ways he accepts donations now?

Are you hacking into my medical records? Tsk! Tsk! That's illegal you know. :altwink:

Drtrech is gonna be bummed. :evil:
Merlin: Looking at the cake is like looking at the future, until you've tasted it what do you really know? And then, of course, it's too late.

[Arthur takes a bite]

Merlin: Too late.
Harry K
Archon

Postby raistian77 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:48 pm

probably for reasons like this

New: The future of Bitcoin is in developing for Bitcoiners.
ExchB is no longer trading
Dear Bitcoin community and ExchB customers,

ExchB is closed.

From June to October of 2011, we enjoyed bringing a high-quality, easy-to-use exchange service to the Bitcoin community. We believe Bitcoin has a bright future and look forward to the many developments that are sure to come. Unfortunately, the cost in time and money of running ExchB and the funds required to take it to the next level exceeded our available resources.

On October 16th, 2011, we stopped trading and deposit activity on the exchange.

All funds and Bitcoins were to have been withdrawn by October 31st, 2011 before which time repeated emails were sent to users with positive balances.

For those interested in the purchase or licensing of the ExchB software, please contact [email protected] .
Thank you,

David Sterry, President
Exchange Bitcoins Inc.

When the largest and first exchange company dumps your "currency", it's time to invest somewhere else.

Between your bitcoins and a goat, I would recommend the goat.
The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool.

Oh Wait, You're Serious? Let Me Laugh Even Harder!

-"No matter how bad things seem--- "
"They could be worse."
"Nope. No matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things fucking are, and you better get used to it, Nancy. Quit yer bitching."
raistian77
Hetairoi

Postby elkingrey » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:53 pm

raistian77 wrote:probably for reasons like this

New: The future of Bitcoin is in developing for Bitcoiners.
ExchB is no longer trading
Dear Bitcoin community and ExchB customers,

ExchB is closed.

From June to October of 2011, we enjoyed bringing a high-quality, easy-to-use exchange service to the Bitcoin community. We believe Bitcoin has a bright future and look forward to the many developments that are sure to come. Unfortunately, the cost in time and money of running ExchB and the funds required to take it to the next level exceeded our available resources.

On October 16th, 2011, we stopped trading and deposit activity on the exchange.

All funds and Bitcoins were to have been withdrawn by October 31st, 2011 before which time repeated emails were sent to users with positive balances.

For those interested in the purchase or licensing of the ExchB software, please contact [email protected] .
Thank you,

David Sterry, President
Exchange Bitcoins Inc.

When the largest and first exchange company dumps your "currency", it's time to invest somewhere else.

Between your bitcoins and a goat, I would recommend the goat.

Another person that has absolutely no idea what they're talking about. I've never even heard of that exchange. The largest, BY FAR, is Mt. Gox. And they're still running strong.

I don't understand why people who have NO IDEA about a new thing, instead of trying to learn more with an open mind, decide to attack the best way they know how, but trying to dig up the first thing they can find in their search engine that makes Bitcoin look bad and pasting here as if they have any clue what it's about.

Closed minded fools.

You beclown yourselves.
elkingrey
Contributing Member

Postby raistian77 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:10 pm

No you are acting the clown by showing up here and claiming you would donate if only Dan would accept what you have decided currency is. It is pretty simple and clear the forms of currency Dan accepts. There is no reason or need for him to devote time and energy dealing with yet another form of currency so you can donate a little money. If he does not use the companies that accept bitcoin than he has to get the currency exchanged (at a cost) and than deposit it in his accounts.

If you REALLY cared about donating than you would have already done so and done so in the manner that Dan has asked. This unnecessary and unreasonable stipulation shows that you just want to sped bitcoin around and have no real care for this particular podcaster.

It is not going to happen (Robin has already told you that) so you might as well go to the next site on your list to convert. Try James Randi's site. :snicker:

"They could be worse."
"Nope. No matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things fucking are, and you better get used to it, Nancy. Quit yer bitching."
raistian77
Hetairoi

Postby Kath » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:18 pm

If it's truly such a no-brainer, why not just convert your "x" amount of bit coins into the buck or two you're going to throw Dan and send him the cash?

With all your sales speak, it seems like you are trying to further your cause much more than you are trying to compensate Dan for his work.

I've done currency exchange transactions through Paypal. I've had no issues purchasing things from other countries. Just link your bitcoin account to Paypal. QED.

Right? :innocent:
If you believe you can't do something, you are absolutely right.
Kath
Archon

Postby Runicmadhamster » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:20 pm

elkingrey wrote:
You beclown yourselves.

This from the anarcho capitalist
Runicmadhamster
Satrap

Postby doc_loliday » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:32 am

Bitcoin isn't volatile? How can someone that is so adamant not be aware of huge swings in bitcoins value. Didn't their main exchange get hacked last year and the value plummeted?

Second, you can't take bitcoins to the bank.

Lastly, I'm not even hating on bitcoin. I wished I would have got some when it started. I could have been rich.
What is wrong with you people? - Dr. Youth
doc_loliday
Hetairoi

Postby The Patient » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:24 pm

As if Dan needed any more reason to avoid Bitcoin like the Black Death...

http://arstechnica.com/business/news/20 ... ebhost.ars
The Patient

Postby elkingrey » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:52 pm

The Patient wrote:As if Dan needed any more reason to avoid Bitcoin like the Black Death...

Do you have any idea how much is stolen in the form of Federal Reserve Notes every year? 45,000 Bitcoins is chump change. And besides, the vulnerability came from hacking the Virtual Private Server, Linode, not from any weakness in the currency.

Banks get robbed every day? Why aren't you jumping ship from the Dollar? Weak sauce, all of you.
elkingrey
Contributing Member

Postby Runicmadhamster » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:55 pm

elkingrey wrote:
The Patient wrote:As if Dan needed any more reason to avoid Bitcoin like the Black Death...

Do you have any idea how much is stolen in the form of Federal Reserve Notes every year? 45,000 Bitcoins is chump change. And besides, the vulnerability came from hacking the Virtual Private Server, Linode, not from any weakness in the currency.

Banks get robbed every day? Why aren't you jumping ship from the Dollar? Weak sauce, all of you.

Oh its the Jehovah's wittiness anarcho capitalist. Come back to make terrible arguments for terrible sides
Runicmadhamster
Satrap

Postby Kath » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:58 pm

I guess I don't understand. If I go to France and the local bistro won't take my USD, I'll find an exchange and get francs.

This isn't hard, just convert the bitcoin to cash and donate that.

Are you really interested in supporting Dan's work or are you just interested in supporting bitcoins?
If you believe you can't do something, you are absolutely right.
Kath
Archon

Postby doc_loliday » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:54 pm

elkingrey wrote:

You're joking right?

You're clearly missing the point. When a bank gets robbed, the value of you bank account doesn't change, whereas if you had your life savings in bitcoin and the servers got hacked you could lose your shirt.

Again, I'm not hating on bitcoin, I don't care, I think it's fine to have a digital currency, if I could get my hands on some, I would. But you're a fool to not understand why others may not want to jump on board.
What is wrong with you people? - Dr. Youth
doc_loliday
Hetairoi

Postby elkingrey » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:24 pm

doc_loliday wrote:
elkingrey wrote:

You're joking right?

You're clearly missing the point. When a bank gets robbed, the value of you bank account doesn't change, whereas if you had your life savings in bitcoin and the servers got hacked you could lose your shirt.

Again, I'm not hating on bitcoin, I don't care, I think it's fine to have a digital currency, if I could get my hands on some, I would. But you're a fool to not understand why others may not want to jump on board.

I understand why they don't want to get on board. They're ignorant of Bitcoin's brilliance. I was, too, at one point.

Back in the day if a bank got robbed you did lose your shirt. It only took so many bank robberies, though, before people realized that deposits needed to be insured. We're in the early days of Bitcoin and in time insurance will supply the demand.

And besides, it wasn't a bank account the Bitcoins were sitting in. It was in a VPS that did a shitty job of securing itself again this type of attack. Houses get robbed every day. Cars get stolen. VPS's get hacked. It happens and life goes on. You don't shitcan a currency because of one mishap.

Bitcoin will survive this, I assure you.

And to address another commentor. I was asked whether or not I was more interested in helping Dan or promoting Bitcoin. My reponse is, are you more interested in helping Dan or dissing Bitcoin? Because it seems to me that somebody that really wanted to help Dan would be interested in helping him get donations any way he can.
elkingrey
Contributing Member

Postby raistian77 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:47 pm

Kath wrote:I guess I don't understand. If I go to France and the local bistro won't take my USD, I'll find an exchange and get francs.

This isn't hard, just convert the bitcoin to cash and donate that.

Are you really interested in supporting Dan's work or are you just interested in supporting bitcoins?

He is just shilling for bitcoin

I understand why they don't want to get on board. They're ignorant of Bitcoin's brilliance. I was, too, at one point.

That is the give away line, sounds just like a salesman for Amway. The "once I also was skeptical" shtick is a dead ringer for salesman.

If you want to support Dan, than pay the man the way he asked to get paid. If not than STFU about it, he has already told you no.

"They could be worse."
raistian77
Hetairoi

Postby Runicmadhamster » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:59 pm

raistian77 wrote:

That is the give away line, sounds just like a salesman for Amway. The "once I also was skeptical" shtick is a dead ringer for salesman.

Actually it sounds alot like the last time i debated with him, that time he was all for the horrible idea of anarcho-capitalism. See if you can see the similarities between the above line and these quotes.....

Elkingrey wrote:
Runicmadhamster wrote:But do you see the downsides of anarcho-capitalism? because they do exist.
This is sort of like asking what the downsides are to not initiating violence against peaceful people.

Elkingrey wrote:If you're not ready for it then there is nothing I am going to do to change your mind. The truth is not something people stumble upon. They have to want it.

Peace be with you.

So a fan boy for both this "Bitcon" thing and anarcho-capitalism, and possibly a member of that horrible cult the Jehovah's wittiness
Runicmadhamster
Satrap

PreviousNext

Return to Questions and Problems