FireFox Amazon Affiliate Plugin

Please feel free to ask your questions here.

Moderators: Loki, exposno1, Parrot, Quasigriz, NickDupree, nmoore63, robroydude, Rooster-SPQR, Spinny Spamkiller

Re: FireFox Amazon Affiliate Plugin

Postby robin » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:00 pm

robin wrote:
obelix78 wrote:so is it working for the UK

Not sure about the firefox plug in but a UK Amazon affiliate is set up by using the search window below. Thanks a ton. Welcome.

I just checked this and it seems to be working for all the countries we are signed up with. I am looking into getting all the possible affiliate countries signed up.
Please Use the Dan Carlin Amazon Search Window!
http://www.dancarlin.com/amazon
robin
The Boy Wonder

Postby Historía » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:40 am

Recently have been ordering several items from Amazon: The FF plugin works fine (FF version 9.xx) in Linuxmint (US Amazon site).

Incidentally, it would be nice to know how much of a contribution my Amazon purchases are funneling. What do you need to know to look this up?
Historía

Postby robin » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:29 pm

I am not sure if that info is available to the general public online. It is also different depending on what is being purchased and how many purchases happen over the month. That being said I believe it to usually be between 4% and 7% however computers can be lower than that.
robin
The Boy Wonder

Postby hotea1313 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:58 pm

id love to help you out but there is someone i know personally who needs the money a bit more than you who i buy things from amazon through her site but in all for gettign free kickbacks
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.-George Santayana
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.- Albert Einstein
Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.—Oscar Wilde
When I was a boy I was told that anybody could become President. Now I’m beginning to believe it.—Clarence Darrow
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. —Albert Einstein
I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me. —Noel Coward
Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school. —Albert Einstein
Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain
The Arabs never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity.-Abba Eban
History teaches us that men and nations behave wisely once they have exhausted all other alternatives.- Abba Eban
hotea1313

Postby Leibnix » Fri May 11, 2012 1:25 pm

I wish I could just donate via Amazon. I hereby pledge $50 the day I find that to be possible. :proud:
Leibnix

Postby HeWhoHasNoName » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:20 am

I installed the Firefox extension but it doesn't seem to be working. When I search for something on amazon, the address bar shows now sign of Dan Carlin.
HeWhoHasNoName

Postby robin » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:26 pm

I do not believe searching will do it indicate anything. I believe you must select a product and go to the product page before it would say anything. Let us know if you see something when you add it to the actual cart. It should say something like dancarlincom-20.
robin
The Boy Wonder

Postby MaDuce » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:33 pm

LuniOPS wrote:
jonqisu wrote:You can do something similar with a userscript in Chrome.

Try this: http://userscripts.org/scripts/review/95551

This works for the Amazon US site, and I'm sure with a quick tweak it would work from the UK and other sites as well.

uh, how would one.. ah.. enable userscript and then input that code? total noobscript here

Chrome is now blocking users from installing third-party extensions from outside of the Chrome web store. Fortunately, there is a workaround.

Download the script above to your computer. Then go to Chrome's settings --> extensions, then drag and drop the file onto the extensions page.
"Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary." - H.L. Mencken
MaDuce
Satrap

Postby RAnthony » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:56 pm

Any link I post to this forum that is for an Amazon offered product has the code appended to it (actually, that's just about everywhere I post Amazon links, since it's added automatically) Just FYI.
"I unsettle all things. No facts are to me sacred; none are profane; I simply experiment, an endless seeker with no past at my back." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"So who the fuck are you RAnthony? Are you anything like the people you don't respond to say you are?"
RAnthony
Hetairoi

Postby HeWhoHasNoName » Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:41 am

robin wrote:I do not believe searching will do it indicate anything. I believe you must select a product and go to the product page before it would say anything. Let us know if you see something when you add it to the actual cart. It should say something like dancarlincom-20.

Ok, I tried it out: I searched for something, then clicked on the product to view it, and I do see "dancarlincom-20" in the address bar, so apparently it's working!. I did not have to add it to my cart.

This makes me very happy because although I don't have enough spare money to donate directly, I do buy a LOT of stuff off of Amazon so it makes me glad that Dan is getting a percentage of that. :)

I think this is one of the best methods of donation for people who do not have enough spare money to donate directly, and I think you would benefit from promoting this method as much as possible and also making it as easy as possible (like, stupid-retardedly-easy, b/c people are lazy and the smallest inconvenience will make them give up on the effort).

Viva the Dan Carlin shows! 8)

P.S. I was wondering, what does Amazon get out of the arrangement? I mean, financial-wise, how does it benefit them to offer a percentage to someone who uses their plugin?
HeWhoHasNoName

Postby robin » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:40 pm

Amazon charges vendors a percentage to have their products on amazon. They give the affiliates part of that to try and generate more sales.

:goteam:
robin
The Boy Wonder

Postby HeWhoHasNoName » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:36 am

robin wrote:Amazon charges vendors a percentage to have their products on amazon. They give the affiliates part of that to try and generate more sales.

Sorry, you're gonna have to explain it to me like I'm a child. What's the difference between a vendor and an affiliate?
HeWhoHasNoName

Postby doc_loliday » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:39 pm

Robin did you write the plugin? Any chance for a chrome plugin? I use amazon a lot, but I'm embarrassed to admit, I forget to use the search tool a lot. :shock:
What is wrong with you people? - Dr. Youth
doc_loliday
Hetairoi

Postby robin » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:08 pm

HeWhoHasNoName wrote:
robin wrote:Amazon charges vendors a percentage to have their products on amazon. They give the affiliates part of that to try and generate more sales.

Sorry, you're gonna have to explain it to me like I'm a child. What's the difference between a vendor and an affiliate?

Sorry

Vendor = Amazon them self or someone who has an amazon store or and sell products as a 3rd party using Amazon as a store front.

Affiliate = Someone like us who does not actually sell products but refers people to go use amazon to buy things but gets a commission to do so.
robin
The Boy Wonder

Postby robin » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:10 pm

doc_loliday wrote:Robin did you write the plugin? Any chance for a chrome plugin? I use amazon a lot, but I'm embarrassed to admit, I forget to use the search tool a lot. :shock:

Doc does the MaDuce solution not work? I do not use chrome so I really do not know.

MaDuce wrote:
LuniOPS wrote:
jonqisu wrote:You can do something similar with a userscript in Chrome.

Try this: http://userscripts.org/scripts/review/95551

This works for the Amazon US site, and I'm sure with a quick tweak it would work from the UK and other sites as well.

uh, how would one.. ah.. enable userscript and then input that code? total noobscript here

Chrome is now blocking users from installing third-party extensions from outside of the Chrome web store. Fortunately, there is a workaround.

Download the script above to your computer. Then go to Chrome's settings --> extensions, then drag and drop the file onto the extensions page.
robin
The Boy Wonder

PreviousNext

Return to Questions and Problems