Hello from Adelaide, South Australia

New here? Just want to let everyone know a little about yourself? Here is a nice place to start.

Moderators: Loki, exposno1, Parrot, Quasigriz, NickDupree, nmoore63, robroydude, Rooster-SPQR, Spinny Spamkiller

Hello from Adelaide, South Australia

Postby Redcraze » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:19 pm

I discovered the history podcasts more or less by accident and have found them great fun. Apart from anything else the "Death Throes of the Republic" sessions have rekindled my interest in Roman history. Keep 'em coming.
“I confess I have so much mortification upon the humors of men that the very ridiculousness thereof is some allay to the melancholick.“ - Earl Of Clarendon
Redcraze

Re: Hello from Adelaide, South Australia

Postby e_room_matt » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:22 pm

I had a second cousin from Adelaide who worked for Alliance Air but they moved to Calgary a few years ago. They said it was really nice, you just had some pretty harsh sun.

Welcome to the board! :drunk:
e_room_matt
Satrap

Postby Redcraze » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:34 pm

Thanks for the welcome. Yes Adelaide gets fairly warm in the summer (i.e., now). I'm a relative newcomer to the place myself. I come from Tasmania originally - hence the avatar.
“I confess I have so much mortification upon the humors of men that the very ridiculousness thereof is some allay to the melancholick.“ - Earl Of Clarendon
Redcraze

Postby e_room_matt » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:50 pm

Redcraze wrote:Thanks for the welcome. Yes Adelaide gets fairly warm in the summer (i.e., now). I'm a relative newcomer to the place myself. I come from Tasmania originally - hence the avatar.

You are the first Tasmanian I've ever talked to. That has to be an interesting place. What's it compare to?
e_room_matt
Satrap

Postby exposno1 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:57 pm

Welcome! :)
exposno1
Mooderator

Postby robin » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:41 pm

Welcome.
Please Use the Dan Carlin Amazon Search Window!
http://www.dancarlin.com/amazon
robin
The Boy Wonder

Return to Introduce Yourself